Friday, May 17, 2013

Getting Ready to Go




Friday night football. That says it all. Except Bruce has decided that when the score is 35 to nil the game is not all that interesting, so we've been having snatches of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Life for me this week has been dominated by Doctor’s appointment, Chemist for lots of Meds, Podiatrist, Hairdresser, night at theatre, shopping then cooking, doing the washing - and thinking about what I need to pack.
I also had a big domestic day today - sweeping, washing floors, changing and washing sheets, also a load of clothes we might need to take, and I even conned Bruce into doing a bit of vacuuming for me.

With so many medications to calculate for 104 days, I counted out carefully, and loaded into the box I'm taking.  If I've got it wrong, and I run short of something essential, it will be too far from home to come back for them.

Tomorrow I get stuck into the actual assembling clothes etc and packing.

It's quite a bugger, but I've developed a nasty cold. Very sore throat the other night, now sniffles and snuffles, sneezes, coughs and nose blows.  To cap it off I've also now developed crackles and clicks in my bad ear. I'm ensconced right now in my big chair wrapped in blankets, ugg boots and sitting in front of the gas heater.

It must be time for bed. So goodnight to all and sleep well.

1 comment:

  1. 104 days - that's a marathon. I look forward to following your journey when (and if) you have time to post.

    ReplyDelete