Sunday, May 19, 2013

104 Days..?




I can hear you wondering about the 104 days. Where can they go that takes 104 days?  We are going on a ship and sailing from Sydney all the way back to Sydney.

On Monday, May 20, we board the Sea Princess ship in Sydney, and sail all around the world. We get back to Sydney three and a half months later on September 2nd. (thus 104 days)

 Tomorrow we head to Brisbane and then north to Singapore where we turn West through Asia and India (calling in as we go for a day here and there).

 We go through the Suez Canal, visit places in the Mediterranean, Ireland, England and spend time in the Baltic Area. 

We turn West again to the Faeroe Islands north of Scotland, to New York, the Panama Canal and up to Los Angeles.
Thence to Hawaii and down through the Pacific Islands, New Zealand and we head for home. 

I will have email on the ship as our means of staying in contact.
I also hope to write of travels on this blog:  Log in regularly to read what we're doing.
Let us all hope we come back well and happy in September.

It is now Sunday afternoon and tomorrow is the big day. The suitcase is almost packed except for the bundles of things still on the bed. They are all going in willy-nilly as I love to have with me all my things I’d like to take. I’ve already sorted the ‘rejects’ and put them away again. It’s not like a plane where you have one suitcase with 23 or even 30 kgs. You can take as much as you like – BUT you’ve got to carry it to the ship, and then find places to store it all in the not-so-big cabin – or State Room, as they like to call it.

There is some anxiety as time runs out. As it’s a long time to be away from home.  I have a good lady coming to live in to mind our apartment and my little dog Lucy.  I only hope they get on well together for all that time. I think that Lucy suspects what is afoot because of all the packing, suitcases on beds and unusual activity. While I’m typing this she’s asleep under the desk in my study. I just hope she doesn’t miss us too much.

Later : It’s done. The suitcase is closed and all that stuff is IN.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your clothes have elastic waists - after 104 days of 3 meals a day served to you they may come in handy.

    Bon Voyage - have a wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete